|Ingredient||2 7-inch Tarts||2 18-20cm Tarts|
|cake flour||10 oz.||280g|
|unsalted butter||10 Tbsp.||140g|
|powdered sugar||3 oz.||90g|
|egg white||1 (to brush)||1 (to brush)|
This sweet, flaky tart shell is a little like shortbread, and forms the base of tarts, as well as some cakes and other confections.
When baking a filled tart, the goal is to blind bake it until it’s 80% done, then add the filling and bake the remaining 20%:
If you’re going to be filling the tart after it’s fully baked: